Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July

Just a quick little post to say I had the most wonderful Fourth of July, thanks to some incredible friends. I was hoping to get portraits in front of my decrepit 48-star flag, but thunderstorms quickly rolled in, so we hunkered down to watch Independence Day.

I made blueberry and strawberry topping for ice cream bowls, and a cake I'm pretty darn proud of. It's my family's secret recipe for banana cake - veganized and Americanized.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Fourth of July

Fourth of July

Fourth of July

Fourth of July

Fourth of July

Fourth of July

Fourth of July

Fourth of July

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet 4th!~ Love the kitty in front of the flag :) and that cake looks amazing!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. that whole spread looks so pretty! i want some of that cake for breakfast- nom nom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that cake looks so amazing! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cake decorating! So clever - and damn yummy, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, that cake is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah wow, the pictures of the fireworks over the water are incredible. As is your cake! Pictures like this make me wish I was American to join in all the celebrations, glad you had a lovely time. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm, that cake looks divine! Looks like such a sweet celebration!
    Also, your cat is strikingly beautiful! Strange words to describe a cat, haha, but she really is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cake, it looks delicious! Do you have vegan recipies that are go-tos for you for baking, or any sort of book or website you use? My mum is vegan and I mostly am, and I know simple substituions can be made to make traditional recipies vegan, but I'm always looking for the best of the best! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake is the BEST 4th July thing I have seen in Blogland so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cake looks wonderful! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like tons of fun and frolicking were had by all! And yes, kudos on the lovely cake! Real Purty!;0D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...