Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken

I can't help but feel a little lazy when I upload film captures, but I really needed to share this one before it was pushed too far into the back of my mind. It's based on the life of Sonora Webster Carver during the Great Depression. I had a vague childhood memory of seeing it, but wasn't sure if it was real. Imagine my delight when I stumbled across it. It's about as good as you might expect from a 1991 Disney film, but boy oh boy is it ever filled with eye candy.

(Also, in case you missed it, there were some kitty photos on flickr, because apparently I can't go more than a week without mentioning kitties.)

demure folk


demure folk


demure folk


demure folk


demure folk


demure folk


demure folk


demure folk


demure folk


demure folk


demure folk


demure folk

15 comments:

  1. ohhhhh, those interiors. flippin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fan=tastic!! Thanks for posting these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness i just watched this movie last week. it was always one of my favorites growing up. oh and the bathing suits are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i can stream it on netflix! i just watched 'rambling rose' tonight. thanks for sharing. i'm really in the mood for these movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man. I must try to find this film! I love her necklace in the second to the last screen cap. It is so simple and elegant. :)

    Bea

    A plus B

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm definitely going to need to rent this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved this movie so much. i own it. I used to rent it constantly when I was younger. My mom always called it "Wild Horses Can't Be Broken" haha. I always had to correct her. My grandparents saw her dive in reality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That movie was filmed in my hometown! I learned to drive right next to that house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, i used to love this movie so much and had forgotten about it! these shots are gorgeous. i love the dresses she wears and the circus pic, it's totally going with what seems to be the theme of my life lately. i have to revisit this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this the one where she dives for a circus then goes blind? If so, I loved that movie as a kid and need to watch it again. Thank you for bringing it back to mind!

    A from aplusbinthesea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks so delicious! thanks for all the movie recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, I loved this movie so much! Oddly enough, I just finished reading
    her book - a girl & 5 brave horses
    which the film was loosely based on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Watching films like these make me want to cast out my existing wardrobe and dress like its 1933 again!

    Is this online?

    I love your obscure film recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohmygosh, I just remembered this film from my childhood too! I Should watch it again. Also, i can't believe I've never visited your blog before, as you love kitties and the 1930s too!

    xoxo
    Solanah
    vixenvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...